What difference does it make anyway?
A few reasons are as follows. Add other reasons in the comments.
1. it’s an addiction
2. we have a passion for expression
3. it’s a challenge
4. to say something
5. we feel we’re supposed to for x,y,z reasons
6. to become famous
7. to become infamous
8. to leave something behind in the world
9. to leave something for our kids, grand-kids, descendants
10. to stop wars and evil
11. a great excuse to travel
12. prevents dementia and keeps the mind active
13. it sounds romantic
14. to increase our resumee so we can get a job
How many other reasons can you think of?
Why do I write?
Because I can’t help myself.
Plus: I love the challenge of lists and compression and enjoy using these tools in flash and haiku.
I choose minimalism in my writing.
What do you choose?
fishing pole, Australian, river, quarrel
write a micro-fiction of under 250 words, then double the word count and triple the word count.