I am a specialist in short fiction. This includes flash fiction, microfiction, and short stories of fewer than 3500 words. My MFA is in fiction with a specialty in short fiction. Collections of stories or tales come under this category as does short prose poetry.
Fees and submissions are as follows:
Short stories: up to 3500 words: $75. Editing and detailed commentary on all aspects including structure and voice. I offer suggestions for improvement.
$3 per each additional page (approx 300 words).
Submission Requirements and Suggestions:
- Electronic submissions are preferred. This allows me to use the Comments and Track Changes functions in Word, so you can see each item individually. I use Comments throughout the manuscript and will offer a written evaluation and critique in addition to comments.
- Track Changes allows you to review all copyedits before accepting them. For hard copy submissions, edits are noted on the copy itself and sent back by snail mail.
- Double space all pages.
- Margins of at least 1 inch on all sides
- Standard font: 12 point Times or Times Roman only.
- Running header on each page with page number, name and title
Mentoring and online or personal tutoring or teaching are $45 per hour. Contact me here.