Australian born and raised, Kaye learned how to throw a boomerang when she was thirteen but never mastered the aboriginal musical instrument, the didgeridoo. They say it’s like “blowing into a Coca-Cola bottle” but “I could never do that either.” I write instead.
Kaye has an MFA in fiction from the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts on Whidbey Island and a pending MFA in poetry and mixed genres. She is the current poetry and flash story editor for The Bacopa Literary Review.
Her published books include:
35 Tips for Writing a Brilliant Flash Story
Prasanga in the Underground World – a science fiction novel
Tales from Ma’s Watering Hole – a flash fiction linked tale collection centered on Ma, the indomitable 99 year old aboriginal shaman
Ten Thousand Miles from Home – a creative non-fiction collection of tiny stories about a woman’s fading relationship with her father over time, distance and dementia.
Kaye is currently writing her next text book in the “How to Write…” series. Her other ongoing projects include a collection of haiku, a collection of lyric essays and prose poetry as memoir and a long winded decades extended attempt to finish the second book in the Prasanga series.
All works are available from Amazon.
Kaye’s recent publications of short stories, flash fictions and haiku include but are not limited to:
- Daily Haiku haiku rotating publications in the 2015 issue
- “’Flash Fiction Elements’ handout from an author’s workshop” January 8th 2015 Flash Fiction Chronicles http://www.everydayfiction.com/flashfictionblog/basic-elements-of-flash-fiction-a-short-fiction-workshop-handout/
- “Forgotten” The Bacopa Literary Review 2015
- “The Scribe” The Copper Review winter 2014
- “Old women, Old Dogs” Miracle magazine print and digital editions #9 “The Cage” July 2014
- “Old War Horse” (short story) the Fall University of San Francisco’s Switchback Literary Review 2012
- Contracted for six months of haiku writing for Daily haiku’s fall/summer publishing schedule 2012-13
- “The Punjab Protocol” Drunk Monkeys 2012
- “Shift in Perspective” Shangri-La-shack spring 2012
- “The Ring of Truth” Six Minute Magazine spring 2012
- “Agoraclaustrophobia” Feathered Flounder” spring 2012
- “Swords about to Drop” Drunken Monkeys February 2012
- “Chai Alone” Contemporary Literary Review India 2012
- “Breaking through Stone” Six Minute Stories, print/online editions. September 2011
- “Fractured Parts” Dogzplot July 2011
- “The New Uluru” narrated online at The Shortest Stories February 2011
- “A Shaman Goes Walkabout” in The Linnet’s Wings print edition 2011 and nominated for a Pushcart Prize
- “Shadowing the Shadow” 6tales.com February 2011
- “Ten Thousand Miles from Home” The Bacopa Literary Review 2010 journal
- “Ma Tells a Tale” Danse Macabre November 2010
- “Ma” The Camel Saloon, June 24th 2010
- “She Wears Hot Pink Jeans” Whispers from the Unseen, A Journal and Forum for
- Writing in the Arts, September 2009
- “Last Breath” The Soundings Review 2009
- “Saving Face” Whispers from the Unseen May 2009
- “Intocable” Breves No Tan Breves, March 2009
- “The Brain Tumor in Room Thirteen” Expressions magazine, March 2009
- “A Homeless Legacy” The Raven Chronicles Vol. 14 Legacies issue.
- “False Witness” Expressions magazine September 2008
Affiliations include the Florida Writers Association, Writers Alliance of Gainesville, The Bacopa Literary Review, Toastmasters International (certification in Competent and Advanced Communication) The American Medical Editors Association.
More relevant information: